“It’s not only a question of resources; it’s also about how we spend them.”
As a social innovation expert and co-author of the Guide to social innovation (2013), Peter Ramsden from Freiss Ltd. was invited to be the keynote speaker for the event EUROCITIES Social Affairs Forum which focussed on ‘Involving citizens in social innovation’.
The event was held last month (16-17 March 2016) in Nantes and gathered 80+ participants from 33 different cities.
In an interview which he gave ahead of the Social Affairs forum, Peter answered some of the following questions:
- What is social innovation and why is it important?
- What are some of the benefits of social innovation to society and the wider economy?
- What are the challenges of or barriers to social innovation?
- What social innovations have you seen in European cities that you have found particularly striking?
- What role could national and EU funded programmes play in supporting local social innovation?
Click here if you would like to read the whole interview.
If you are interested in finding out more about the lessons learnt from the Social Affairs Forum, please visit EUROCITIES’ website